Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for prepayment or activation code??

9 Replies

As of tax year 2020, the term installation key is no longer used in TurboTax products. This 16-digit number is now called a licence code for TurboTax CD/Download and an activation code for TurboTax Online.

If you have pre-purchased a payment code directly from TurboTax, then you would have gotten an email containing the code. If you don’t have the email in your inbox,  please look in your spam/junk folder or deleted items.  

In the TurboTax Online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code? Use this link for help if you purchased the TurboTax Online Edition. After doing your return, you will enter this 16 digits code by going to the left side menu and choosing File then CRA Online Mail.  

If you bought the TurboTax CD/Download Edition from a retailer such as Costco, Staples, etc..., please look inside the package for your code. It will either be on a scratch card or on the CD, depending on which version you bought. You enter the 16 digits Licence Code when prompted during installation. Here is a TurboTax FAQ for your review, if needed: Where is my TurboTax licence code?

If you are having issues with the installation of TurboTax from the CD, please use the link below where you will be able to download and install the version you have purchased. Download TurboTax and enter your 16 digits Licence Code.    

If this is unsuccessful, in order to help you we will need more information. Therefore, could you please meet us by private message on Facebook or Twitter to see how we can help you further? 

vanluvenc

I have read and reread the instructions many times. I do not seem to have an email with an activation code and want to file my return. 
Thanks

Hi I am using the free version one. Please advise the activation code for this. thanks. 

If you are using the FREE version there is no prepayment code. The only way you will see a price is if you chose to upgrade. 

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/free-online.jsp

kcraig102
Returning Member

Need code to pay bill

kcraig102
Returning Member

activation code 

kcraig102
Returning Member

I need an activation code

kcraig102
Returning Member

where is the code

If you purchased TurboTax from our website and can't find your prepayment code then please reach out to us in a private message on Facebook or Twitter.