Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nk_

My available deduction for my fhsa for 2023 says it's $0 which doesn't make sense since I opened my fhsa account in 2023 and contributed $8000 in 2023.

I understood that I need T4FHSA to get proper deduction limit on TurboTax. But who is responsible for T4FHSA? The company I have FHSA account with, or myself? If I have to prepare T4FHSA myself, how can I do that? 

My available deduction for my fhsa for 2023 says it's $0 which doesn't make sense since I opened my fhsa account in 2023 and contributed $8000 in 2023.

@nk_ The T4FHSA will be issued by whatever bank or institution that you have your FHSA account with.

what was your mistake?

Could you clarify your question? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Guillaume Tran
Returning Member

Update: the problem is solved.

Hello,

I have been facing the same issue as you:

My spouse and I opened and contributed 8k into our FHSA accounts (each of us has a separate account) in 2023. We have not withdrawn 8k balances.  I am getting this on the offline version of Turbo when I try to claim the 8k deductions.

"Line 20: Maximum FHSA deduction available for 2023: $0.00". But, my spouse, on the other hand, could get the FHSA deduction for 8k.

Could you please share how you resolve this?

Thank you in advance for your help

Danusha

I am having the same problem with the download version of the software.

How can this be fixed.

@Danusha Did you enter your T4FHSA slip?

Danusha

I ended up going directly into the form and entering my contribution amount, then back into the Easy step process, and then the limit was correctly amended to the contribution amount vs zero.

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.