Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a-zubot

My partner sells oils and glassware. She was issued a T4A by the oil company under her name. Can I roll the T4A into her business or do file two separately bussines?

1 Reply

My partner sells oils and glassware. She was issued a T4A by the oil company under her name. Can I roll the T4A into her business or do file two separately bussines?

If your partner only has the one business, and it is not incorporated, then yes, she can add the T4A slip issued in her name to her business. There’s no need to create another business.

She would need to enter the information from the T4A in her tax return first. Please check this TurboTax FAQ: How do I enter a T4A slip (and matching Relevé 1 / Relevé 2, if applicable)?

Then she can move on to the Self-Employment part of the tax return. Please check this TurboTax article: Small Business Tax Tips: Filing a T2125 

If you have purchased TurboTax Live Assist and Review, you can talk to a tax expert for more personal advice.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.