Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
porthome1

My wife received interest income from CRA for 2016 overpayment. How do I report it when there is nothing other than a notice of assessment?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife received interest income from CRA for 2016 overpayment. How do I report it when there is nothing other than a notice of assessment?

Report the interest on any tax refund you received in 2017, which is shown on your notice of assessment or reassessment on Line 121 of the tax return. 

In TurboTax Online go to: Income > Investments > Interest on Bank Accounts not Reported on a T-Slip. On the "Interest and Other Investment Income" page, report in the top box. 

Or use the "Find" button and type in Interest as your search word.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Report the interest on any tax refund you received in 2017, which is shown on your notice of assessment or reassessment on Line 121 of the tax return. 

In TurboTax Online go to: Income > Investments > Interest on Bank Accounts not Reported on a T-Slip. On the "Interest and Other Investment Income" page, report in the top box. 

Or use the "Find" button and type in Interest as your search word.