Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plee18

It says all my filings have been used up, yet I have only used 4 of the 8 Purchased

it says all filings have been used, yet i have only used 4 of the 8.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It says all my filings have been used up, yet I have only used 4 of the 8 Purchased

Please note that the return counter advances when you do one of the following for the first time:

·         print an individual form that contains your tax information (including your T1 General and Schedule 1).

·         print a return.

·         file a return using NETFILE.

·         file a return using Netfile Québec.

If you haven’t done any of these things, please contact our phone support for further assistance. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Please note that the return counter advances when you do one of the following for the first time:

·         print an individual form that contains your tax information (including your T1 General and Schedule 1).

·         print a return.

·         file a return using NETFILE.

·         file a return using Netfile Québec.

If you haven’t done any of these things, please contact our phone support for further assistance. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

SylL
Returning Member

While it appears that the counter advances when you netfile, it actually advances when you go from the order confirmation page to the netfile page.  So that if there is an error and you cannot netfile, it will advance the counter a second time for the same return.  

If you are ready to go to netfile for the second time, call them. They phone back in less than 5 min.  They will say that it won't charge twice but it does.