Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashfaqakhan11
Returning Member

Auto-Fill not working (even after trying 3 times)

When you will update your income tax product for down loading of return from CRA

As per the Canada Revenue Agency, they are currently shut down for its annual maintenance to prepare for the 2022 tax filing year, they remind you that Auto-Fill My Return (AFR) is not fully functional until March 15, 2023. You may be able to use the service by February 20th, 2023, but they still may not have all the slips online.

Thank you for your patience.

"When I try to use Auto-Fill (something I've done for years now), although everything on the CRA login went well, I am told by TurboTax that "we ran into an issue trying to get your tax info" and am given options to "Try Again" or "Skip Auto-Fill My Return". This is a problem which was noted in 2019. The same issue persists for the 2022 taxation year even though CRA is available now (February 20, 2023) for autofill. The information appears to download from CRA but, at the TurboTax end, there is a message that there was a problem downloading.

its not the CRA that is not working for me.  it is the Revenue QUebec.  how do I fix that?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Turbo Tax still has limit on number of T5008 slips that can be imported automatically? I can't import my 300+ slips. Amazing this is still an issue after 3 years. 

VI16
Level 2

Similar problem today: CRA Login went fine; Autofill provided 5 tax slips; I tried to open one to check it out and got "ERROR CODE 400" and was bounced out of my Tax Return. When trying to update it, has now vanished, and Turbo Tax is telling me to skip AutoFill. Really? What is going on?

poci23

I currently have the same problem, how did you solve it ?

poci23

I'm trying to auto-fill ~225 slips from the CRA website, mostly  T5008s but keep running into the following error message:Turbo Tax Error when Autofilling return from CRA.PNG

I just filed two other people's using autofill with no issues and they had only 5-10 slips so I'm begining to suspect this cryptic message is actually just hiding the limitations of Turbo Tax. The CRA website says you can auto-fill up to 500 slips so I should have no problems trying to load only ~225. If turbo tax can't solve this step for me I might as well file the old fashion way or use competitors program that can handle these slips. Probably most people using Turbotax don't have this issue because they don't trade 200 times a year. This isn't a hard technical limitation, its just TurboTax not taking care of their business.