Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada revenue agency cra was unable to accept my netfile tax return

TurboTax  2023 NETFILE was not accepted by the CRA  after multiple tries despite selecting Make changes as outlined by the CRA above

@Davesinsidney What is the exact error message that you are getting? 

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I am using TurboTax Download and get the following message:

Your federal return was not accepted by the CRA

One or more entries in your tax return require correction. The data entered is either invalid, or mandatory information is missing. If you are unable to resolve the issues, please contact your software provider.

You can:

O Make the changes to your tax return as outlined above. Then go to "Print and File" tab to submit your return with NETFILE.

I have repeatedly selected this option without success getting the same message

@Davesinsidney Please go back to Introduction/Profile section at the start of your return and make sure you have filled out and answered everything correctly.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608

Radarldsh

I am having the same problem. I did two returns in March with no problem. Now I am doing it for two more people and for both of them I am getting that same message. The Quebec one went through with no problem for both, but the CRA gives that same message for both returns. I have gone back to the introduction/profile page for both. There are no errors and nothing is skipped that I could see. Why is this happening now? I called that number but all I get is an automated response that does not help.

To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When the message asks if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not reached, please ask for an escalation to investigate the issue.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.