Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lefty3

How do I abandon a return and start over again?

2 Replies

When using TurboTax Online, you are able to create a new return and delete unwanted returns from your TurboTax profile. 

Sign In to your TurboTax online, on the menu located on the left side, click on Start a new return. 

On this page, you are able to start your return from scratch. 

image.png

Once you start your return, if you may wish to delete a previous return that is no longer needed, click on Return Manager from the menu and then View all returns. 

You will see the trash can beside old returns, click the icon and it will delete a return for you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

You can’t delete the last return that you were working on. Please open another return in your account and then select “View All Tax Returns” to go back to delete the tax return that you don’t want. You can delete a return by clicking the trash can next to the return.

If you are using the TurboTax App, or TurboTax Online on a smaller screen, you will not see a trash can. Instead, there will be an option to delete under the return’s “Last Updated” information.

Please visit this TurboTax FAQ for more information: How do I delete a return in TurboTax Online? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.