Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay-Eff

I'm doing my taxes and my husband's taxes. We have one T5 that has one amount and both of our names. How do I report that? Do I choose one person to declare the interest?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm doing my taxes and my husband's taxes. We have one T5 that has one amount and both of our names. How do I report that? Do I choose one person to declare the interest?

Are you preparing your returns together at the same time in TurboTax? If so, enter the T5 on one of your returns. At the bottom of the T5 entry step, there's a field where you enter that you share the slip with your spouse. Enter the percentage of ownership that should transfer to your spouse's return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Are you preparing your returns together at the same time in TurboTax? If so, enter the T5 on one of your returns. At the bottom of the T5 entry step, there's a field where you enter that you share the slip with your spouse. Enter the percentage of ownership that should transfer to your spouse's return.

Marv2

Preparing joint tax return with my wife. When downloading info from CRA website all T5 information was placed on my return instead of my spouse. How do I transfer all 50 T5 slips to my spouse without doing each one manually?

You will need to open each T5 and go to the bottom of the T5 slips where It says "Enter percentage of slip to claim on your spouse's tax return" and you will enter 100% "