Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting Err 038 when trying to create an ARC account

Hey i had the same problem and just fixed it dont call them, go on the cra website under Ei contact there should be a form you fill out with your problem and phone they will call you back in a couple of days and help you register.Filled the form on Wednesday and they called me back today on Friday and finally got an account with the CRA. And no more error.038

Where can I find the EI contact?

Go on the website page on the cra that says EI Regular benefits: Overview, Then scroll to the bottom it should say contact us and click Contact individual for help, then you should see a red box that says Covid-19 in the box there should be a link thats says fill out the service request form and click on that and fill out form

advsid

I am filing for the first time. I called the agent she said i might have to send the return by paper. Were u filing for the first time? did u resolve this issue on phone?

Yes i filed for the first time, and i mailed it, and when they called the issue was resolved.

Mehul_J

Can you suggest me the name of the Form? I am having the same problem and not been able to find the right form to fill. I tried calling helpline number but no agent was available for hours.

Robert_09

I called CRA and waited for 1hour. They told me that the reason why I get this error is because I have not filed my taxes and they do not have that information to verify my account. Which was true.  So the only way to get through that error is if you file your taxes.

I hope this works out for you!

many times i have called to this number but they just kept me on hold  

I’m trying to file my taxes through Ufile Online, and it said I needed a MyCRA account. When I tried to input my social insurance number for registering a MyCRA account, I get ERR.038, and a message saying that my information needs to be verified.

If you are using UFile you will need to contact them for instructions this is the TurboTax site.