Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewgarfield
Returning Member

My TurboTax doesn't allow me to enter an amount for digital news subscription credit.

25 Replies

My TurboTax doesn't allow me to enter an amount for digital news subscription credit.

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? What exactly is happening when you go to enter this amount?

matthewgarfield
Returning Member

I'm using the downloadable version. The digital news subscription is not listed in the 'forms' section and one cannot enter an amount for it in the General T1 form either.

Jan M1
Returning Member

I am using TurboTax desktop Basic. I can not enter an amount for the Digital News Subscription News Tax Credit. When I click on the link it opens the T1 General from and highlights box 31350 in yellow but an amount can not be entered.

Leenie
Returning Member

I'm using the downloadable version. The digital news subscription is not listed in the 'forms' section and one cannot enter an amount for it in the General T1 form either.

trigger1
Returning Member

I have the same issue.  Did you ever get a response.

Leenie
Returning Member

No not that I saw.

I'm having the same problem. I have the CD version and it won't allow me to claim the digital news subscription amount.

maverdiel
Returning Member

This appears to be an unresolved or ignored problem since it was first raised 2 weeks ago,

Is there anybody home at TurboTax Canada?

I opened my Turbo Tax this morning and when I clicked on deductions, there was a box to check for digital subscription credit. I also got the software update that many of us had trouble downloading. I suppose the line to claim the credit came with the update.