Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanant21

T777S FOR HOMEWORKING DURING COVID, NOT AVAILABLE IN CHOICE OF FORM. NO LINE TO ADD THE 400$ NO RECEIPT AUTORISED AMOUNT WITHOUT VERIFICATION

8 Replies

T777S FOR HOMEWORKING DURING COVID, NOT AVAILABLE IN CHOICE OF FORM. NO LINE TO ADD THE 400$ NO RECEIPT AUTORISED AMOUNT WITHOUT VERIFICATION

Yes, I wish someone from Intuit would weigh in on this.

The T777S is available from Revenue Canada but not available

on TurboTax. How can we complete our income tax.

I would also like to hear the answer to this question.  Additionally, both spouses work from home and it doesnt seem that you can use home office expense or (T777s's) for both spouses.  Is this not valid?  I would have expected it is.

Please advise.

I too wish Intuit would update the software so I can claim the $400 COVID expense. Where is it?

FactRzerO

Falls under this category until the forms are likely to be available on, or after February 22nd when the CRA posts them in My Account, etc.

"Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven’t been finalized?"

T777S is listed in that group. 

The same thing happened with a Provincial Ontario Education childcare tax rebate/CARE credit when it was first announced in 2019.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

The T777s form is available on the TurboTax Desktop/Download products but will be available in the online products by the end of this week. 

I hope this was helpful

We are happy to report that the T777S/T777 forms have been updated and you can now complete entering your employment expenses. We have included below our TurboTax FAQ link to help you with this if needed.

Employment Expenses Tax Info Centre 

Thank you for your patience.

I was surprised that when I selected T2200S that it informed the user with the following (when not selecting the checkboxes):

"Looks like you don't qualify for the employment expenses deduction this year."

The check boxes appear as if they are aligned with the last radio button in this dialog rather than the all of them. If you have one of these forms, can you make the assumption that the employer deemed it reasonable that the employee could benefit from T777?

Does this make sense considering you are forced down the detailed Home expense path in subsequent screens?  After playing around with it, you do select the check boxes, then you are prompted for the method. 

Should the user have the option to do one or the other despite having the T2200(s) forms?

Also TurboTax produced an internal error when select this option for both myself and my spouse (when not selecting the checkboxes)

Thank you

Chris

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

There are several different ways you can claim employment expenses for 2020:

• Regular employment expenses where you can claim CCA (need T2200 signed by your employer)
  • Flat rate employment expenses due to COVID (you don't need a signed T2200s)
  • Detailed rate employment expenses due to COVID where you can't claim CCA (need a signed T2200s by your employer)

So, it is important to check the proper box on the "Employment Expenses Profile page" so the tool uses the proper calculator, otherwise, CRA will reject the claim. 

Check this link on how to use the T777s: form: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/t777-s-statement-of-employment-expenses-for-working-at-home-du...

I hope this was helpful