Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I recently filed my taxes with turbo tax and it showed my return would be $3,031.17 But surprisingly when I checked my CRA account I see that I was refunded $1,336.5

Am just wondering how does that even happen yet i was in fact assisted by an expert. We did the review and all was good. So why am i getting a return less than what turbo tax initially calculated? Answers please
1 Reply

So I recently filed my taxes with turbo tax and it showed my return would be $3,031.17 But surprisingly when I checked my CRA account I see that I was refunded $1,336.5

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will be sending you a Notice of Assessment (NOA) with the explanation as to why the calculation was different after their assessment. Sometimes the CRA has access to a forgotten information slip entered in your file or other information that may has not been entered. Once you have reviewed this on the NOA and perhaps with the CRA and if you still believe there may have been a calculation error please see our TurboTax FAQ: How do I submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate, Expert Approved Guarantee?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.