Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The CD will not install, and downloading online did not work either. I have a 2012 Mac laptop

I bought the TurboTax CD and it did not automatically begin to install when I inserted it. I tried clicking on setup.exe and it opened in text edit. I went online to get some help and downloaded the link, and it opened again in text edit. I tried opening in expander but that didn't work. What can I do? I have a 2012 Mac laptop

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The CD will not install, and downloading online did not work either. I have a 2012 Mac laptop

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately Turbo tax cd/ download  is not compatible with Mac .

Mac users can only  use TurboTax Online to file their tax return. TurboTax Online works in your Mac's web browser. You can purchase TurboTax Online in-store at one of these retailers or online.

TurboTax Online offers the following editions for Mac users:

• Free
  • Student
  • Standard
  • Premier
  • Home & Business.

To request refund for your TurboTax download/cd here is the link to follow

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1190048-how-to-return-turbotax-for-a-refund-of-your-p...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately Turbo tax cd/ download  is not compatible with Mac .

Mac users can only  use TurboTax Online to file their tax return. TurboTax Online works in your Mac's web browser. You can purchase TurboTax Online in-store at one of these retailers or online.

TurboTax Online offers the following editions for Mac users:

• Free
  • Student
  • Standard
  • Premier
  • Home & Business.

To request refund for your TurboTax download/cd here is the link to follow

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1190048-how-to-return-turbotax-for-a-refund-of-your-p...

mckeanmegan
Returning Member

Are you able to do multiple returns using online TurboTax.  I currently have the desktop version of Home and Business and complete multiple returns.  I would like to complete these on my Mac and realize the desktop version is not compatible.

Purchased 2020 Premier from Costco and downloaded to my Mac online. I need now to load it a Windows PC to allow for a family person to review. How can I load to a Windows platform from a online download?

"Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) limits all NETFILE certified tax software to prepare a maximum of 20 individual returns (paper or electronic) per online user account regardless of income level, the limit excludes ReFILE returns. If you have any comments or concerns about this limit, please visit www.netfile.gc.ca.
You may prepare an unlimited number of returns with this user account, but may only print and/or NETFILE up to a maximum of 20."

Note: As seen in our next TurboTax FAQ link, our Online version has the interview questions and not the forms view availability.  What are the differences between the online and the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

Please follow our TurboTax article for more information: Everything You need to know about TurboTax software and our Support Options!

To help you with your filing may we suggest: TurboTax Standard Online or TurboTax Self-Employed?

You can prepare multiple returns but they all must be in the same edition - Standard"

Thank you for using TurboTax.