Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from Turbotax Online in 2021 to Turbotax Standard in 2022

Good day, I am a loyal customer of Turbotax for as long as I remember (10+ year) and recently, I always buy the product at Shoppers Drug Mart.

In 2021, I bought a blue product that is Deluxe Online edition and was able to finish the tax properly. This year, the Shoppers Drug Mart has only one deluxe  edition, which is called "Download or CD". It doesn't sell the Deluxe Online edition. So, I bought and download the software. To my surprise, I could not connect with 2021 data because the 2021 was done in Deluxe Online edition and this year, I am registering the deluxe download edition. When I go to my online account that I set up in 2021, it asks me to buy another Deluxe online edition to start my 2022 return. It doesn't give me an option to enter the confidential license code. This is not acceptable for me, I would rather not buying 2x as it is quite costly for me. At the same time, I don't think I can return the product to Shoppers Drug Mart because the box is already opened and it has been registered on my laptop. Can you help please?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2 Replies

Wow - this is a great and prompt service - thank you. One reason I am a loyal customer to Turbotax.