Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i charged consultation fee even i did not take that service

While filing personal tax, it gave me option to opt for consultation service. I initially chose it but they did not help me since the line was busy and i had to hang up the call. why am i still being charged a consultation fee
?
3 Replies

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

There is a universal rule of accounting that you charge for the service, if you did not deliver the service it is unearned revenue. That unearned revenue has to be refunded. Charging for the services you did not give is a scam. So please refund for the service you did not provide. 

You could have scheduled another call. You could have used the Live help button to connect with an expert whenever you had a question. The opportunity to use the service was there.

And if you filed your return using Assist and Review, then you agreed to pay the price, even though you didn't use all the services that were available to you.

If you would like to contact our phone support team, you can call them at 1-888-829-8608.