Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i forced to upgrade in order to enter a T4PS form? I purchased the online kit as usual and never had this extra charge!

The T4PS form has a lock and forces you to upgrade version of turbotax. I have always purchased the online kit from costco and never required an upgrade. It is only this T4PS form that is locked. Why?
3 Replies

Why am i forced to upgrade in order to enter a T4PS form? I purchased the online kit as usual and never had this extra charge!

The T4PS is the Statement of Employees Profit Sharing Plan Allocations and Payments. On it are things like capital gains/losses, dividends & foreign income. These are all things that are only available in TurboTax Premier Online (or higher) in 2021.

Please see these TurboTax FAQs for more information:

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Who can file for free using TurboTax?

Perlhume

Why does my Spouse needs to pay higher amount for filing, too.  All he has is 1 T4, just because I have one T4PS slip from work, not a huge amount which I have it every year, now both of us has to pay the premium price of $39.95 each. Is there a way to avoid using & paying for Premier?

@Perlhume

If you prepare your return together with your spouse, then you will both will be using the same version of the program, and you will both be charged the same price. You can only prepare your returns in different products if you prepare your returns separately.