Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are turbo tax only giving a 15% discount through scotiabank when the scotiabank site says 20%

The Turbo tax online people can't help you at all. I wasted 45 minutes of time
9 Replies

Why are turbo tax only giving a 15% discount through scotiabank when the scotiabank site says 20%

Can you please send us a picture of your discount email- and also where you see that you only got 15% off.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

iv77

Having the same issue.IMG_1455.png

Thank you for sharing that you received the 20% off link. Did you happen to click on it to start your income tax return?

iv77

Yes. I have multiple times but instead of 20% off the discount is 15%. My self employment return should be $48 with the 20% but instead I’m being charged $51. I have logged out and tried logging in via the Scotiabank offer link and it still does not apply.

Moussi2

We will send you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I am in the exact same position. Coast Capital also offers 20% off through their website link, AND there is currently a TurboTax promo for 20% off if you file before 27 March. Clicking on either promotion, the Self-Employed version advertises only paying $48 instead of $60, yet when I get to the checkout, it shows that my bill will be $51 instead of $60. I called both Coast Capital Saving as well as TurboTax customer support to get it corrected, and neither were able to correct it. Very disappointed. Going to finalize it through them this year, but am 100% going to try a different filing service next year. What rubbish.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

hgil

Agreed will be using a different filing service next year. Currently cannot get the 20% off with Scotiabank even after calling TurboTax's customer service and spending an hour on the phone with them going in circles. They told me to start a new return, after completing one already, and I did and still no discount applied. Very frustrating. Wouldn't the easiest solution be to just give a coupon code to apply to rectify your customer's problem quickly instead of acting like you can't do anything about it?

We have sent you a private message.