Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did turbo tax premier online 2023 for twelve returns double charger me extra for my third return after I filed to CRA and denied my complain about double billing ?

order TTWND272177785 for twelve returns and then charged me $24.15  to file my 3 rd return order # TTWND276881069.  There for Double Billing and denied my refund of the double Billing.
4 Replies

Why did turbo tax premier online 2023 for twelve returns double charger me extra for my third return after I filed to CRA and denied my complain about double billing ?

Order TTWND272177785 was for two returns (TTO PREMIER PRIMARY RETURN TY23 and a TTO PREMIER ADDITIONAL RETURN TY23), not a 12 return package. This is why you had to pay for the 3rd return.

We don't sell TurboTax Online multi-return packages ourselves. You would have to get one from a 3rd party retailer like Costco, Walmart etc...

Then Turbo Tax programs various forms,  on line, by CD , Desk Top, purchased in a store are misleading.  The Box Cover For Deluxe Online Edition and I quote from the Box cover " Includes activation code for 8 returns under a single account ".

To all future customers Of Intuit Turbotax be aware of these deceptions. I will next year. 

Turbo tax online not worth the cost, aggravation, or frustration in their on line support . At least at Costco you can take the Package back if the Code does not work

Did you enter the code at turbotax.ca/activate before starting your returns? Because if you don't enter the code, then TurboTax Online will default to it's normal "per return" mode. 

TurboTax CD/Download works differently - it doesn't allow you to start the program unless the license code has successfully been entered.

Too late after you have paid your money  to Turbo Tax and the code does not work. Explanation after you use the Turbotax programs does note help when you only use the program once a year. I have used the Intuit Turbotax Deluxe online edition includes 8 returns, for the last 7 years . I have not had to upgrade as I did this year. I believe the upgrade requirement and lack of tech support is a way to make more money.  Because Turbotax stiffed me on the number of returns. I used the competitor's program to complete my sons 2023 tax  return and it was free.

You wait in the 2024 Tax year when CRA requires the reporting of joint accounts as a Trust or a (Bear Trust), I bet Turbotax users will all be upgraded to Premier editions half way through their returns.  We all know who to blame for that.