Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do i have to enter all my information again? Why would I use Turbo tax again if the convenience of having my prior info is not kept.\?

3 Replies

Why do i have to enter all my information again? Why would I use Turbo tax again if the convenience of having my prior info is not kept.\?

If you used TurboTax last year, you can carryforward or transfer your information to this year's tax return, and will be able to do the same next year.

Here's detailed information on how to transfer your information and what type of information will transfer:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647786

I selected the option to import previous year's information and gave the location of the file but the information was not imported. This link to 2647786 does not work. It only goes to the generic Welcome to Support page. Where can I find the actual directions to import previous year's turbotax information? Thank you.

@User526 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?