Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trevanw

Why do i still owe money from my t4? It appears my employer did take off the correct amount of income tax

On my T4 slip (Alberta), it appears my employer did take off the correct tax amount, however when I enter the values into TurboTax, it is saying that I still owe $11k.

3 Replies

Why do i still owe money from my t4? It appears my employer did take off the correct amount of income tax

This is likely a keying error if you are seeing a large balance due. The best way to determine if your entries are posting properly is to look at your Detailed Tax Summary and ensure the tax deducted is showing up in the last section showing your credits.

Damla

I have the same problem. I've entered the right amounts from both of my employers and whenever I enter the second income, the numbers turn red. It looks like I owe the CRA about $1.7K which I believe is not right... Can somebody help?

Thank you.

@Damla When you add multiple income slips, it’s common for the balance owing to go up, especially if you have not yet put in any deduction or credit information. If, when you complete your return, you still thing that there is something off, you can contact our phone support team. They can actually look at your return, and help you pinpoint where the issue may be. You can get the correct number by using this form: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

*Please note that phone support is only available for paid TurboTax users, including those with PLUS.