Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can I no longer enter a T4PS under the Deluxe version? Its making me upgrade for the first time. All these years there was no issue.

5 Replies

Why I can I no longer enter a T4PS under the Deluxe version? Its making me upgrade for the first time. All these years there was no issue.

The T4PS is the Statement of Employees Profit Sharing Plan Allocations and Payments. On it are things like capital gains/losses, dividends & foreign income. These are all things that are only available in TurboTax Premier Online (or higher) in 2021.

Please see these TurboTax FAQs for more information:

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

I am having the same issue/frustration. For years had a T4PS slip that was entered into the "standard" version (marketing names have changed over the years) but suddenly this year I have to pay $80 instead of $20 to do the same thing? It appears that Intuit is removing existing functionality and calling it "premium". If this is true, it is very disappointing. Turbotax, can you confirm that you have indeed made this change?

Yes, TurboTax has made changes- If you look at our website it will ask what you are claiming and from there will determine which TurboTax software you will be needing. https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/online. 

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

We appreciate all the feedback and we will be sure to send it to the appropriate department. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you for confirming you have made changes that forces long time customers to upgrade. I no longer choose Turbotax and have gone to another provider.

I will be sure to send your feedback to the proper TurboTax Team.