Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is TurboTax charging extra $80 to file jointly with spouse even though I paid for Premier Edition that includes 12 returns? There was no fee in 2022; new for 2023?

7 Replies

Why is TurboTax charging extra $80 to file jointly with spouse even though I paid for Premier Edition that includes 12 returns? There was no fee in 2022; new for 2023?

Did you use this link to activate your Online software: turbotax.ca/activate? When you enter your code please make sure to enter the hyphens.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

There was no fee in 2021, 2020, 2019 2018, 2017 ............. What is going on? Product description says "Optimizes spousal and dependent credits"

@KJ Noonan Did you use this link to activate your Online software: turbotax.ca/activate?

Yes, I did activate via turbotax.ca/activate

When you get to the payment page- under coupon code please enter your TurboTax license code. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I deleted separate returns I had started for my spouse and I, then restarted using last year's joint return as starting point, and my problem is now resolved.  Thanks for your assistance on this.

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.