Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrmac50

Will Intuit sell me a stand-alone version of TurboTax 2021 where both the program and all my data resides on my computer (not the Internet), unlike last year?

Last year, Intuit sold me an online version of TurboTax, and now is keeping my data with uncertain security, when in every previous year I had used a stand-alone version.  I specifically asked for a stand-alone version and was told that the Web version was the stand-alone one (a lie).  Intuit also soaked me for three invoices, which they refused to address, and told me it was all my fault - not a happy customer.  I submitted a complaint, but that was ignored, too.
1 Reply

Will Intuit sell me a stand-alone version of TurboTax 2021 where both the program and all my data resides on my computer (not the Internet), unlike last year?

If you would like to purchase the Download version of TurboTax 2021 (for Windows) you get it from our website here.

Any data you entered in TurboTax Online is kept on our secure servers. You can read about our security measures on this Intuit webpage. However, if you would like your information to be removed, you can contact our phone support team and ask for your account to be deactivated. Deactivation will permanently delete your TurboTax Online account and any information or returns you may have on the account.