Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With the downloaded disc TurboTax software you were able to compare the current tax year to the first previous. How can you do the same with the online TurboTax?

Even though you used the online version of TurboTax 2 consecutive years, can you not bring over common information to current year and can you not compare this year to last year? Dsum function on downloaded versions of TurboTax
5 Replies

With the downloaded disc TurboTax software you were able to compare the current tax year to the first previous. How can you do the same with the online TurboTax?

Could you clarify if you are using our TurboTax Online or TurboTax Desktop/Download software where you are able to use the Forms View? Which version are you using?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I am using the online version of TurboTax Deluxe for my 2023 taxes and last year I used the TurboTax Premium for my 2022 tax year.

I’m trying to compare my 2022 taxes to my 2023 taxes (in 2022, there was an actual menu line item called year over year comparison) and also even bringing common information from the 2022 tax year cannot be automatically copied over to the 2023 tax forms. Are these limitations a result of using the TurboTax Deluxe versus TurboTax Premium?  If so, this should be better noted on the packaging, etc.

There is an option for Year Over Year Comparison in the Review section. It's available in all versions of TurboTax Online, but's only available if you transferred in your info from last year.

Yes, I discovered why I was unable to transfer last year's tax information over to this year's.  

All relative functions are now working properly and thank you very much for responding and assisting so promptly.

Thanks

Tom

You're welcome.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.