Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At the begining of the online filing process, I am asked if I want to transfer the information from last year, but following the online instructions just doesn't work.

It takes me on a loop where I give my login id and am asked to create a new password. Then it takes me back to the Welcome page. When I press "continue", it asks me again if I want to transfer last year's info (I filed using turbotax last year) and the process restarts without transfering any info. Why is that? What can I do?
1 Reply

At the begining of the online filing process, I am asked if I want to transfer the information from last year, but following the online instructions just doesn't work.

It sounds like you're not signing into TurboTax for tax year 2017 using the same username and password that you used last year.  If you sign in this year using the same username and password as last year, TurboTax will recognize you and automatically suggest that you transfer from last year without you needing to indicate that you want to.