Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVG88

Auto-fill notes tax installments from the previous year will be imported. I also input installments for the current year. Why does the summary seem to include both years?

I'm performing a 2019 return, and when starting the auto-fill process, turbotax indicates that "2018 Tax Installments" info is available from the CRA. Later, when manually entering information in the return it explicitly asks for tax installments paid in 2019 (which I provide).  At the end of a return when the summary is provided, the "Tax paid by installments" is representative of both years.  Is this a software defect as I'd expect it to only show the value relevant to the current tax return (2019).
1 Reply

Auto-fill notes tax installments from the previous year will be imported. I also input installments for the current year. Why does the summary seem to include both years?

For further assistance with this issue, please contact us by phone. To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/ . After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.