Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing and Autofill

Hello,

Have never completed a tax return use certified e-file software before. Doing so this year as my paper-based submission submitted om March 8th has not even been acknowledged as received. My return is simplistic however after registering with the CRA with they sign-in that within my forms a T4 slip is absent.

Suspect that will impact to ability to auto-fill?

If auto-fill is used how can one correct that function?

Can I follow the electronic process by filling in numbers from my paper based rough copy?

Does the process have access to completing the form for Low Income Individuals and Families Tax Credit?

Because of above will I require access to software beyond the free version?

1 Reply

Filing and Autofill

If you have a slip that doesn’t appear your CRA my account, you can still use Auto-Fill and the Free version of TurboTax Online. You’ll just need to add the slip in yourself.

How to Enter T4 Slips in TurboTax Online:

1. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find (magnifying glass)*.

2. In the Find window, type in “T4” and select “T4 Employment Income”. Click the “Go” button.

3. Click “Enter new T4”.

If you qualify for the Low-Income Individuals and Families Tax credit (LIFT), TurboTax will automatically apply the correct credit amount to your return, based on the income you have reported. You won’t have to directly apply for this credit. You will see the amount deducted in the summary portion of the Provincial tax section.