Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scmarcil

"From last year, which of your completed tax returns do you want to transfer?" This is the first thing you ask me...What does it mean? Transfer where? Why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

"From last year, which of your completed tax returns do you want to transfer?" This is the first thing you ask me...What does it mean? Transfer where? Why?

If you used an online edition of TurboTax last year, when you sign in a start a current year return, TurboTax is able to transfer info from last year's return into this year's return to give you a head start.

It sounds like you might have completed more than one return in your account last year. If that's the case, TurboTax is simply asking you to choose which return from last year you want to transfer into this year's return. You can also choose not to transfer and just start a new return from scratch.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647663

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you used an online edition of TurboTax last year, when you sign in a start a current year return, TurboTax is able to transfer info from last year's return into this year's return to give you a head start.

It sounds like you might have completed more than one return in your account last year. If that's the case, TurboTax is simply asking you to choose which return from last year you want to transfer into this year's return. You can also choose not to transfer and just start a new return from scratch.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647663