Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcelrea

How do I enter a transfer under paragraph 60(J) ITA?

Cannot find at transfer option in the RRSP section

4 Replies

To enter a transfer to an RRSP, after entering the income slip that transfer came from (T4RSP, T4A,T4-box 66) information, you'll need to designate that contribution to offset the income reported.

1. Select Find in the upper-right hand corner.
  2. In the Find window, type RRSP Profile
  3. Select RRSP Profile from the list and then select Go.
  4. On the Your RRSP Profile step, check Made RRSP Contributions during 2018 or the first 60 days of 2019, and then select Continue.
  5. On the What’s your RRSP/PRPP deduction limit step, enter your deduction limit, (if zero, leave blank) and then select Continue.
  6. At the RRSP Contribution step, enter the amount of your eligible retirement allowance that you transferred to your RRSP, as shown on the receipt from your financial institution.
  7. Then under Transfers to RRSPs, enter the amount of the transfer as shown in the attached screenshot.
  8. If you’re using a TurboTax CD/download edition: On the RRSP Contribution page you will be asked "Is this RRSP contribution a designated transfer of eligible income amount?", and need to enter the amount that is a designated transfer in that box as well.

hi

I am trying to enter my RRSP section 60(j) roll over but can not figure out were to input it. 

I received a T4 with Box 66 and 67 amounts. I also have an RRSP slip with my Section 60(j) amount. i cant seem to figure where to designate the 60(j) amount in the program. CAn someone help? The explanation i found does not help. 

JustHilts
Returning Member

I have the same situation, however I can't see the attachment.

JustHilts
Returning Member

I figured it out.