Solved: Last year I used Ufile as I worked as a volunteer ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Last year I used Ufile as I worked as a volunteer with CRA doing tax returns for seniors and low income. Don't like it. Can 2017 Turbo tax transfer 2016 U file

Can Canadian version 2017 Turbo tax carry forward 2016 U File data.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Last year I used Ufile as I worked as a volunteer with CRA doing tax returns for seniors and low income. Don't like it. Can 2017 Turbo tax transfer 2016 U file

Unfortunately, no. TurboTax will not support carry forward from UFile for the upcoming tax season.

We hope you'll give TurboTax a try anyway though. UFile provides a "Summary of carryforward amounts" that you can reference to make transferring your amounts into TurboTax easier. You should be able to open your prior year return in UFile and print it out.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Unfortunately, no. TurboTax will not support carry forward from UFile for the upcoming tax season.

We hope you'll give TurboTax a try anyway though. UFile provides a "Summary of carryforward amounts" that you can reference to make transferring your amounts into TurboTax easier. You should be able to open your prior year return in UFile and print it out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This comment is for Turbo Tax Tara. I read this answer after I purchased Turbo Tax because somewhere on the internet I read that you could open a Ufile tax return. In the Ufile software, there is a drop down menu that allows you to carry a Turbo Tax form forward. I'm going to assume that Ufile is therefore superior to Turbo Tax. I'm pretty sure this is an easy software modification. Even though I knew I could not return the Turbo Tax software and therefore wasted my money, I still went out and purchased Ufile again. Until Turbo Tax meets the minimum standards of Ufile, I will not use it.
Highlighted

Agree entirely with you. Intuit should accommodate customers, but doesn't. Live and learn.

v