Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albert4

Lost 2016 data for automatic import into 2017 Turbo Tax. Is there any way to get the lost 2016 data from Turbo Tax if it was archived in a server ?

3 Replies

Lost 2016 data for automatic import into 2017 Turbo Tax. Is there any way to get the lost 2016 data from Turbo Tax if it was archived in a server ?

Did you use the cd/download edition of TurboTax for your 2016 return?

If so, your return was saved only to your computer. We don't have a copy of or access to your tax data.

albert4

Thanks for your reply I have then should access my account in Canada Revenue Agency website to print and post it manually into my Turbo Tax 2016 version > I was trying to have a short cut avoiding the manual input. Thanks again

Have you tried CRA's Auto-Fill My Return service? If you use Auto-Fill My Return, TurboTax will download your t-slips and other info (like your RRSP limit) from the CRA and put the info into your return for you. You'll still need to enter all your basic personal info (like your name and address), but Auto-Fill makes the rest of your return prep pretty quick! Here's how to use Auto-Fill: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1368050