Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the 2017 tax return download still not work when trying to transfer to 2018

2 Replies

Why does the 2017 tax return download still not work when trying to transfer to 2018

Please review the link below to assist you in transferring last year's information into this year's tax return with the downloaded version of the software: 

In TurboTax CD/Download, how do I transfer my information (carry forward amounts etc.) from my previous year's tax return?

Yet, you have indicated above that you are using the online version of the software, so if that is the case, here is the link to help you transfer prior years over in the online version of the software:

In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts, etc.) from my previous year's tax return?

Footnote:  If you are online, it is always recommended to clear your browser cache before starting, to ensure that your browser makes a smooth transition through completing your return.  Here are instructions to do that (if needed):

How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

@daveanddianagrah  - I apologize that my answer did not resolve your issue.  If you are referring to the download link not working correctly, then you will need to uninstall the original download, reboot your computer and reinstall, with the same IKC from the original purchase. Sometimes there is a glitch in the link itself, which can cause problems.

Reinstall with this and try again:
https://turbotax.intuit.ca/product/download/index.jsp

If that doesn't resolve it, you may need to get on the phone with one of our support agents, to clarify your exact concerns by following instructions below:

I want to talk to someone. How do I phone you?
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013