Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer my 2022 year’s tax information from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download for 2023? Is there a way to get my tt22 file from online?

I have to agree, this is very upsetting.  I used the online version for the last couple of years after using desktop for years before that - realized that i was paying more for the online version and bought the desktop version from Costco this year, only to find out I cannot easily transfer my data from online to desktop - sure was easy to do the other way!  So now I feel like I have been taken advantage of and turbotax is intentionally making it hard to do so that people will continue to use the more expensive online method.  Not what I expect from a company that has been good up to now.  The return is more complicated and having to reenter everthing manually is NOT acceptable.

This needs to be fixed!

How do I transfer my 2022 year’s tax information from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download for 2023? Is there a way to get my tt22 file from online?

Unfortunately, transferring TurboTax Online returns into TurboTax CD/Download is not possible. TurboTax Online can't create .tt files, which is what TurboTax CD/Download uses.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

You make it seem like it is in fact: "not possible", but your programmers just need to make it possible.  It's just some coding...  Intuit should do this, for your customers!

Sorry, but this is just bad business and poor functionality design.

JHBS1234

Totally agree --- this is the kind of thing that creates "negative goodwill" and lost customers!