Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer profiles from last year online to this year cd/download version of the tax software

@15ronroy You are still able to download a PDF copy of your tax return and see all the forms and values that were generated by TurboTax Online. You just can't use the file to transfer data into a TurboTax CD/Download return.

Andrew136

How to transfer profiles from last year online to this year cd/download version of the tax software

This is TERRIBLE customer service!!! One of the big reasons that I buy Turbotax every year is so that everything is transferred from the previous year. I'm not talking about entering my name either - that's easy. I'm talking about all the carry forward amounts that the software just knew to take care of. If I knew this wasn't possible, then I wouldn't have bought it. Being able to transfer your data from 2022 online to 2023 download should be a simple thing that is included for FREE. Shaking my head...

We appreciate your feedback, we will be sure to send it a long to our product development team.