Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used the Koinly software to figure out my Crypto taxes. How do you upload the report to Turbo Tax? Canadian version doesn't seem to have an option??

6 Replies

I used the Koinly software to figure out my Crypto taxes. How do you upload the report to Turbo Tax? Canadian version doesn't seem to have an option??

*Following.. Having the same problem

Are you using the Turbo Tax Standard Edition? I was but just bought the Premiere version. I returned the Standard Edition to Costco with no issue. I'm hoping the Premiere version solves the problem as it is specific when you have investment income. I'll let you know after I install it.

yep, standard online. Ill wait for your update!    Cheers

Hi Drew. Don't waste your money upgrading to Premiere. It doesn't make a difference. Still can't import your data from Koinly or any other software. The only data Turbo Tax Canada can import is from CRA. Absolutely useless. The USA version allows it only. If you don't have many trades you can enter them manually but regardless I feel it goes against the whole reason why I used the Koinly software to begin with, it was supposed to work with Turbo Tax. They fail to mention that it only works with Turbo Tax USA.

Thanks for the heads up. 
i only have a few trades this year but will have millions next year bitsgap bot trading. 

McBeth

Thanks - been losing my mind, trying to find where the crypto gains/losses get entered.  I also can't find the actual return/schedules so that I can enter the data manually.  The online turbotax is crazy-making if you don't simply follow the guided prompts.  Getting around otherwise is a PITA.