Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax transfer for residents of Québec issue again this year. When using Easy step, and I enter any amount in "Amount wishes to transfer" box, it returns an error.

Error "Your claim for tax deductions transferred to Québec is greater than 45% (maximum allowable) of the total tax deductions claimed." is showing when I try to enter any amount which is below the 45%. If I use form method, I am able to do it. Could this be fixed once for good, so we don;t have to deal with the same issue each year?
5 Replies
Moussi2

Tax transfer for residents of Québec issue again this year. When using Easy step, and I enter any amount in "Amount wishes to transfer" box, it returns an error.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We will have our team look at it, so it can be fixed on our next updates. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

Hi,

Any update? Could we know the time frame when this will be corrected?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, we don't have a time frame for a fix yet. We'll let you know when we have an update.

Last week I was on the phone with TurboTax and I was told that this issue will be fixed and update should be available that same day. Today I was finally prompted to install new update but our issue was not fixed at all. Can someone from TurboTax contact me and let me know when we can expect the fix for this issue?

We will update this thread as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your patience.