Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joej451

Where is the tools menu to upload previous years returns in turbotaxonline.intuit.ca?

Where is the tools menu to upload previous years .tt2021 files in turbotaxonline.intuit.ca? After I activated this years TurboTax online, it asked me to upload my previous years file, but since my files were on another computer, I closed the browser. When I logged in on the other computer, It asked me to continue my return, not start a new one. Now I can not get it to ask me to upload the files and I cannot find anywhere to do it. I even tried selecting start new return, then when it asked how I did my last rears return, I select "TurboTax CD". It states don't worry we will import your files.  I Click next and it never lets me import like it was trying to do when I first activated. Just makes me start imputing all my data again, which it would carry over If I could get it uploaded.
2 Replies

Where is the tools menu to upload previous years returns in turbotaxonline.intuit.ca?

There is no Tools menu in the Canadian version of TurboTax Online. 

Our product development teams are aware of an issue with not being able to carry forward prior years’ tax information to a new return. They are working on resolving this issue and will have it resolved ASAP.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The issue has been resolved. You should now be able to transfer your 2021 TurboTax Online return into 2022. 

Thank you for your patience.