Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it not carrying over the information from my prior years online tax return?

It asks the question about transferring the information but only gives you the options of YES help me sign in or NO don't transfer, which makes you enter everything again.  
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is it not carrying over the information from my prior years online tax return?

The issue has been resolved. You should now be able to transfer your 2021 TurboTax Online return into 2022. 
Thank you for your patience. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Our product development team is aware of this issue. They are working on resolving this issue and will have it resolved ASAP.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The issue has been resolved. You should now be able to transfer your 2021 TurboTax Online return into 2022. 
Thank you for your patience. 

Thank you.

GodricF

@TurboTaxSusan I'm having the same issue and I can't get through to phone support or find an actual solution anywhere in the Community. I've used TurboTax online for years to file and every year it's carried over the previous years' information. This year I logged on and there is nothing - no previous information, no previous returns, and I can't import them from anywhere.

Do you have any other accounts that you have used in the past? If so you may want to check them for the returns that you are looking for.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

GodricF

It's the same account I log into every year. I tried calling customer support but couldn't actually get to a person at all.

When you can phone support, tell the computer you want to speak to an agent. You may have to repeat yourself. Then when it asks if you if you want a text message, say no. It should then start asking you for your phone number and other info needed to transfer you to an agent.