Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sold principal residence in 2021. I was the sole owner. The next page asks me who I transferred the disposition of the sale to? I didn't transfer to anyone?

It won't let me get past this page without choosing one, but I didn't transfer the proceeds to anyone.
4 Replies

I sold principal residence in 2021. I was the sole owner. The next page asks me who I transferred the disposition of the sale to? I didn't transfer to anyone?

You will need to go back in the sale of principal residence and make sure that you never checked off the wrong box.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Sorry, that doesn't help at all.  Where it asks who I transferred the property to, there are only 3 options, to spouse, other or non spouse.   I can't leave this page without choosing one .

gaoanqi
Returning Member

Hi there, I got the same issue, did you fix that problem?

Yes, you have three options:

1. Spouse/partner only
  2. Other
  3. Spouse/partner and other

If you only sold/disposed of it to a spouse, choose 1. If you sold/disposed of it to a spouse and someone else, choose 3. If neither of those apply, choose option 2.