Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I paid only half my property tax in and for 2021, can I claim the full amount still, which I will pay soon the half balance outstanding in 2022?

For my 2021 Income Tax Return - see my question?!
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I paid only half my property tax in and for 2021, can I claim the full amount still, which I will pay soon the half balance outstanding in 2022?

If you are in Ontario, then you can only claim the amount of property tax actually paid to the municipality for the year.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Can you please provide more information? What credit or deduction are you trying to claim? Employment expenses? Ontario Trillium Benefit?

My home property tax. I'm late in paying 2021.  Do I enter on Turbo what I paid or what my full amount is due for 2021, as I will pay the balance soon.  Thank you

If you are in Ontario, then you can only claim the amount of property tax actually paid to the municipality for the year.

Thank you for this answer! It is clear on instruction.

One more question:

Again for Ontario, can I claim the remaining, paid property tax for 2021 in my 2022 Income Tax with the 2022 property taxes?

Christine