Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pitman
Returning Member

Turbotax T3 box 34 Error message

When I report Foreign nonbusiness tax paid amount It requires me to report source county of foreign income. Choices that clear the error message  are USA, Country #2, Country #3. My T3's are from Mutual Funds. I see no indication on the T3's that show the source. Could be USA, could be anywhere.  How do I navigate this?

4 Replies

If your income is from multiple countries or you don't know what country your foreign income is from, enter 'Various' in the box labelled "Source country of foreign income".

The TurboTax Standard does not allow one to enter any value. There is only a drop down menu with choices U.S.A., Country #2, Country #3.  Given that what should be entered there? The actual source country(ies) is not known! 

I am using Premier with the same issue... 

If you don't know, or the income is from multiple countries, just pick Country #2 or Country #3 on the Foreign Slip. 

If you are claiming the Foreign Tax Credit for the income, you can ask who ever issued the slip where the income is from, or enter Global if it's from more than one country.