Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit isnt showing on my review after I've entered it what should I do?

8 Replies

My Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit isnt showing on my review after I've entered it what should I do?

You must ensure that any "Homeowners Advance" you received as a credit on your property tax statement has been entered on the page after you enter your details. It is titled Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit. If you did not receive an advance you must remove any amount that has been automatically entered there. 

wfk
Level 1

I have tried everything to claim my Mb. education tax credit but it won't work. It always shows up as an error and I can't netfile it with an error. Please fix your system, I want my refund 

I have been using Turbo Tax for many years. This is the first time there seems to be a glitch with the School Tax Credit. I entered the total Manitoba Property Taxes in the Receipts/Property screen. When it comes to entering the Resident Homeowner tax assistance received: Did you receive Manitoba Education/ Property Tax Credit? I left it at NO, and Advance Received? 0 amount received. It keeps wanting to fix the error. 

When on Schedule MB479, line 21, it automatically enters the total Property Taxes paid, not the total school taxes paid??? If I change the amount entered in my Property Receipts to the school tax paid, it still doesn't work. I haven't been able to Netfile due to this error. There has been a couple of updates and still isn't working. Is there a way of getting past this? 

Looking forward to your response. Thank you

I am having the exact same problem and I wish Intuit would respond!!!!

This has been done over and over and over...it still gives the error message and will not allow me to netfile without the error fixed.  Please fix the glitch or provide a video of how you are fixing the error because no matter how many times I click no and remove the dollar amount it still says ERROR!!

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level. Thank you for your patience. https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I'm having the same issue - no matter what I do I can't get beyond an error about "Enter the amount of resident homeowner tax assistance received from your property tax statement, if applicable, or indicate that a...". I've used Turbotax for yeeeeeears and this is the first time I've run into anything like this.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/troubleshooting/discussion/error-persists-for-users-w...

That thread contains the solution to the problem - it does appear to be a Turbotax bug but you can edit the netfile form and fix it manually. Yay for the forums!