Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter the amount of rent paid for the year. I thought this amount is necessary to get the trillium benefit each month

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I enter the amount of rent paid for the year. I thought this amount is necessary to get the trillium benefit each month

To apply for the OEPTC as part of the Trillium Benefit, do the following steps:

1. Click the Provincial Tab.
  2. Click Continue.The Provincial Profile for "YEAR" screen will open.
  3. Place a check in the box  beside the following lines:
    1. 'Ontario Rent and Property Tax payments (qualifies for Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit and Northern Ontario Energy Credit)'.
    2.  'Apply for the (YEAR) Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit and Northern Ontario Energy Credit.
  4. Click Continue
  5. On the 'Ontario Property Tax and Rental Credit' screen, enter your property information, including address, rent/property tax paid, etc. Click Continue when finished.
  6. On the 'Apply for (YEAR) Ontario Energy Credits' screen, choose the credit(s) you are applying for by selecting the name of the taxpayer applying for the credit. Once finished, click 'Continue'.

Please see the link below for more information  on this credit.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1189919-what-is-the-ontario-trillium-benefit-otb-and-...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

To apply for the OEPTC as part of the Trillium Benefit, do the following steps:

1. Click the Provincial Tab.
  2. Click Continue.The Provincial Profile for "YEAR" screen will open.
  3. Place a check in the box  beside the following lines:
    1. 'Ontario Rent and Property Tax payments (qualifies for Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit and Northern Ontario Energy Credit)'.
    2.  'Apply for the (YEAR) Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit and Northern Ontario Energy Credit.
  4. Click Continue
  5. On the 'Ontario Property Tax and Rental Credit' screen, enter your property information, including address, rent/property tax paid, etc. Click Continue when finished.
  6. On the 'Apply for (YEAR) Ontario Energy Credits' screen, choose the credit(s) you are applying for by selecting the name of the taxpayer applying for the credit. Once finished, click 'Continue'.

Please see the link below for more information  on this credit.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1189919-what-is-the-ontario-trillium-benefit-otb-and-...

Thank you for your question.

Go on form method, click on slip at the back of your screen, and on receipt menu, you will see property receipt.

You will need to add your rent paid on this receipt.

Have a good day.