Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian-twigg

To avoid high roaming call charges, how do I get the Expert to call me on a foreign number or via messenger, whatsapp, line etc?

(I have tried to use the chat function but no replies to posts so far.  Same problem if i ask for call back).  
3 Replies

To avoid high roaming call charges, how do I get the Expert to call me on a foreign number or via messenger, whatsapp, line etc?

Unfortunately, the Tax experts are not able to call foreign numbers or use services like Whatsapp to contact you. 

If you know someone who has a Canadian number and can transfer a call to you, you can try having the Tax Expert call that number. Once the Tax Expert has started the screen sharing program with you, you can disconnect the phone call.

ian-twigg

Thanks but when I talked with an expert a few days ago we got we started the screen sharing but continued the call.  Please confirm that I can e.g. connect my headphones to laptop and can hear the expert via the screen sharing or can chat to them some other way ?

Yes, once you are connected you should be able to communicate over the laptop.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.