Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diabeetus
Returning Member

TurboTax 2023 is not giving me the option to deduct the UCC for the vehicle I use for my self-employment. When will that appear, or how do I get it to appear?

5 Replies

TurboTax 2023 is not giving me the option to deduct the UCC for the vehicle I use for my self-employment. When will that appear, or how do I get it to appear?

Please try to clear your cache and restart your computer.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

diabeetus
Returning Member

Thank you for your reply. I've done that, and it is still unsuccesful.

For further reference, I've finished my vehicle deductions, but the online platform does not prompt me to enter my UCC for 2023, or does not grab it from 2022. Additionally, it still prompts me to "start" my vehicle expenses on the list of self-employment expenses page, even after I have entered all of my deductions and have finished that section. I do believe there is a bug in the system.

We are aware of the issue with expenses still saying "start" even after you have entered info and are looking into it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding the UCC for you vehicles - did you enter the correct date for when you bought the car? It should give you the option to enter a UCC if you bought the car prior to 2023.

diabeetus
Returning Member

Thank you for your reply.  I am only able to see UCC when filling out information for a second vehicle. So I am doing that, and then deleting my first vehicle.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.