Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for tax from overseas, used to live in Canada on working holiday. What data to input for address because I am overseas.

Hello I am in Australia, used to live in Canada on a working holiday visa. I used this service to file tax returns from 2015/16 2016/17 2017/18 and now need to do my 2018/19.

As I do not have a Canadian address I cannot use NETFILE (even though I have used it previously?)

I am unable to input my overseas address into the system even though it asks if my mailing address is overseas. 

My partner (Canadian citizen) lives in Canada am I able to use her mailing address?

I was able to put her address in but when it asks for where I live I cannot use my address (phone number and postal code is not accepted.

Would I use my address that I had when I was living in Canada at that time and use my partners current address as my mailing address?

If not how can I input my current Data so I am able to print out and mail my tax return?

Are you able to email me? williamstormont@outlook.com

thank you,

William Stormont.

1 Reply

Applying for tax from overseas, used to live in Canada on working holiday. What data to input for address because I am overseas.

When filling out your income tax return, enter your Canadian address and when you print it out, you can manually change it to your Australian address.