Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I report my net property taxes? Turbo Tax only asks for my net school taxes

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I report my net property taxes? Turbo Tax only asks for my net school taxes

Manitoba doesn't have a credit for your full property tax bill. The Education Property Tax Credit and the School Tax Credit (and Seniors' School Tax Rebate, if applicable) are based only on the amount of school taxes you paid, not on the total property taxes. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Which province are you applying in? Are you applying for the British Columbia Renter's Tax Credit? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I am in Manitoba. I get to the page titled Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit and the only amount it asks for is Net School Taxes paid. After that, there is no further screens asking for Net Property Taxes paid. How can that be?

I am in Manitoba. I get to the page titled Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit and the only amount it asks for is Net School Taxes paid. After that, there is no further screens asking for Net Property Taxes paid. How can that be?

Manitoba doesn't have a credit for your full property tax bill. The Education Property Tax Credit and the School Tax Credit (and Seniors' School Tax Rebate, if applicable) are based only on the amount of school taxes you paid, not on the total property taxes. 

I moved houses in the same city in manitoba, how do I calculate my manitoba education tax rebate if I paid tipp and old and new location

@Tfenwick13 For the Education Property Tax, you can add another home after you enter the first. So enter the amount paid for the old home, and then add another and enter the amount paid for the new home.