Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enter the property tax?

When I fill the rental property, I can't find where to enter the property tax.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

With TurboTax Home & Business you will go to Income- Click on Rental Properties -Then complete the first page if you which asks Did you receive income from a rental property? Click on Yes - The following page you will see what you had completed (if not please complete it) - click on EDIT - It will bring you to 

Real Estate Rentals Statement- once completed click on next - then you will be at Rental Profile

Make sure you click on both Rental Income and Rental Expenses -Continue- you will be at T776 Rental Income- On the third page you will see Property taxes. Make sure you complete everything needed and click on continue to save.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

With TurboTax Home & Business you will go to Income- Click on Rental Properties -Then complete the first page if you which asks Did you receive income from a rental property? Click on Yes - The following page you will see what you had completed (if not please complete it) - click on EDIT - It will bring you to 

Real Estate Rentals Statement- once completed click on next - then you will be at Rental Profile

Make sure you click on both Rental Income and Rental Expenses -Continue- you will be at T776 Rental Income- On the third page you will see Property taxes. Make sure you complete everything needed and click on continue to save.

Mstertzwood
Returning Member

I have entered my income where do I enter my deductions and Credits.  Seniors homeowner property Tax

credit, etc.

Mstertzwood
Returning Member

Not rental property! OSHPTG.  Senior Home owners Tax Credit in Ontario.

Mstertzwood
Returning Member

I don't have a business.

If you wish to apply for the Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant, please see this Canada Revenue Agency link for information: Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant (OSHPTG) Questions and Answers

To begin your claim for the OSHPTG please follow these steps: Inside the return, in the Easy Step mode, go to the left side menu and click on Provincial then Get Started. Your Provincial Profile for 2020 will open. Select all of the checkboxes that apply as seen in the image below then Continue. Please continue following the interview.

Thank you for using TurboTax.