Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbut86

I have printed my return and found a mistake. I have not mailed it yet. How do I edit?

There doesn't seem to be an option. Previous years I was able to edit with the desktop version. I am using the cloud version.

Thanks,
Dennis

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have printed my return and found a mistake. I have not mailed it yet. How do I edit?

@dbut86 Open the return you want to change. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find (magnifying glass 🔍) *. In the Find window, type in “T4A” and select “T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity”. Click the “Go” button. Select Enter new T4A to add your T4a slip.

If you need more help with this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

What do you need to edit?

dbut86

I missed entering a t4a. When I go back into the return It just asks me about next year and won't let me edit anything.

I think the return was finished and it is assuming I mailed it already and wants me to do an adjustment return.

Thanks.

If you have not Netfiled or mailed your return in, you can restart your return and enter the T4A. If you do not wish to do this, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) suggests waiting till you receive your Notice of Assessment to see if the CRA has entered the missed information slip as the information is included on your file and the system may automatically enter it. If the T4A is still missing, you can then do an adjustment to the return. Please view our TurboTax article: How to Change Your Tax Return After You’ve Filed

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

dbut86

I have spent an hour trying to find how do edit the return.

How do I "Restart" my return and enter the t4a?

Does that mean I have to redo the whole return again?

Here are the steps I have taken:

I start in my returns.

When I select this, I see the two returns I did.

I click on the Continue button for the one I printed. The only other options are rename or copy.

I then get a screen that says save your information for next year with a Done saving my information button.

No other options on this screen.

I click on it and I get a Tell us what you think screen, I ignore and click continue.

Next screen is Thanks! I have a choice of go to return manager, which is where I started or exit.

Thanks,
Dennis

@dbut86 Open the return you want to change. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find (magnifying glass 🔍) *. In the Find window, type in “T4A” and select “T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity”. Click the “Go” button. Select Enter new T4A to add your T4a slip.

If you need more help with this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

dbut86

Thank you so much - that did the trick.

A little confusing to get here, but straight forward once you know!!!!

Dennis

You are welcome.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.